Above all, setting off on holiday means exploring a region and making the most of the location’s natural setting. During your stay in a tent, campervan, gypsy caravan or cottage, you’re just bound to spend some wonderful time in the heart of nature. So it’s important to protect your holiday environment!
So here are a few tips to turn you into a responsible camper!
- Sort your waste: there’s more than just one rubbish bin.
- Smokers: use an ashtray.
- Don’t waste water.
- Don’t disturb the plants and animals in the campsite.
- Switch off the lights, heating and air conditioning when you leave the room.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Use your bike, your feet and public transport when on the move.
- Find out about a region’s culture by trying local produce.
Not convinced yet? Have a look at the commitments undertaken by the Yelloh! Village group to make you change your mind!